What is Instant Damage Claim?
It is an additional value-added service provided by Migrera to give an instant compensation/ reimbursement for any transit damages with a claim value below Rs. 5000/-.
How can I avail Instant Damage Claim Guarantee?
In the "Quotes page," select packers and movers for which you see a “Migrera Anchored Instant Damage Claim badge” for assurance.
How will I be eligible to claim in a situation of damage to my household items?
- The payment for the order is fully made on or before the move day.
- The customer should have opted for Comprehensive insurance cover equal or above Rs. 1,00,000/- for the household goods through a third-party Insurance partner of Migrera.
- The customer should have opted for full packing by our service partners. Damages cannot be claimed if our service partners do not pack the goods.
Why do I need Instant Damage Claim when my move is covered by transit insurance?
- Insurance claim process usually takes longer time for documentation, approvals and processing the claim for the damages. (Generally 6 to 8 weeks)
- Also, Insurance companies usually do not provide claims under Rs 2,000/-.
- Considering this pain point of our customers, Migrera provides you instant compensation for any transit damages.
How can I claim for any damages during transit?
- Email at [email protected] or contact your move coordinator within 3 days after the delivery of your shipment ( including the delivery day). Any claim post 3 days after the delivery will not be entertained and will be subject to rejection.
- Provide proof of damage with supporting documents and evidence by attaching photos from all relevant angles showing the damaged area of the item clearly.
- The claim amount will be subject to a minimum of any of the following criteria:
- Reimbursement for the bill of repair of the damages.
- Item value as declared in the insurance cover.
- Rs 5,000/- for dedicated load or Rs 3,000/- for shared load.
- On approval, Migrera will refund the eligible amount within 4 to 6 business days.
Will I get Instant Damage Claim from Migrera along with the insurance claim from the insurance provider?
- Instant Damage Claim from Migrera is provided to you only when the damage claim value is less than or equal to Rs 5,000/-
- If the damage claim value is above Rs 5,000/-, this offer is forfeited and the compensation for such damages will be covered under the comprehensive insurance cover provided by the insurance provider partnered with Migrera. In such cases, Migrera will assist with the process and also with required documentation for the claim process.
What kind of damage coverage are excluded from Migrera Instant Damage Claim?
- Any kind of scratching/chipping/discoloration to any of your household items.
- Electrical, electronic, mechanical derangement and internal damage of electrical items unless there is evidence of external damage to the household item.
Other Terms and Conditions:
- This instant damage claim shall be voidable in the event of misrepresentation, mis-description or non-disclosure in any material particular.
- Order amount referred above excludes insurance, storage, handyman charges or tips, taxes amount.
- Not applicable to bike or car transit damage.
- If the claim be in any respect fraudulent, or if any fraudulent means or devices be used by the claimant, to obtain any benefit under this offer of compensation, or if any loss or damage be occasioned by the willful act or with the connivance of the claimant, all benefit under this compensation offer will be forfeited.
- Migrera reserves its absolute right to withdraw and/or alter any terms and conditions of the offer at any time without prior notice.